Worried that speaking up might offend too many people and ruin your chances of promotion? Wrong! We have spoken to many successful people and found that speaking up about problems tactfully is far more likely to impress your manager and illustrate your commitment to a workable workplace. Here are some of the common misconceptions we see people make.
- Speaking up about problems.
- A bad performance review.
- Using your annual leave.
- Taking a lateral move or even a small demotion.
- Giving things a go, even if you don’t think you have what it takes.
- Not reacting to being overstepped for a promotion. Stay cool, focused and determined.
- Quitting your job without having another lined up.
- Taking a small pay cut to get a new job.