You’re job is your life. You plan every day with the intention of pushing yourself just that little bit further so your boss will finally decide that it’s time for you to be promoted. Guess what, it’s probably never going to happen, at best, it’s not going to happy as soon as you’d hope. Here are some of the common mistakes people make when playing the promotion game.
- You didn’t ask.
- You only did what was expected.
- You didn’t do anything special.
- You didn’t take initiative.
- You didn’t fall in line at the right time.
- You haven’t bonded with the rest of your team.
- You haven’t supported the poorer performing team members.
- You are at the source of conflict in the team.
- You aren’t tactical enough.