Ever been in a job interview that is just going so well that you’re almost certain you’ve won the role? Don’t get too ahead of yourself and screw the whole thing up by asking the following questions:
- Don’t ask questions you could’ve found the answer to on Google.
- Never ask to change the scope of the role, hours worked or package. Speak to your Executive Agent prior to the interview for the best was to deploy such requests.
- Don’t bring up or refer to gossip.
- Don’t ask too many questions about the interviewer. They’re there to interview you.
- Don’t ask if they do background checks or reference checks. Let them bring it up.
- Don’t ask about closely related roles and whether you can move into those quickly.
- Don’t ask about how quickly you can be promoted unless it’s a natural progression. I.e. more responsibility within the current salary.